John G. Clarkson Freshman Pinning Ceremony
Now in its 18th year, this ceremony has become a treasured tradition, emphasizing the humanism of medicine.
First-year students are welcomed into the Miller School of Medicine family of physicians as they are symbolically pinned by alumni and academic society leaders.
What kind of Internet connection do I need to view the video?
We recommend a wired connection with a download bandwidth of at least 700Kbps. To test your speed, click here.
Keep in mind that bandwidth fluctuates constantly (especially on WiFi and mobile connections).
How software do I need?
We recommend the latest versions of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Safari and Internet Explorer version 10 and higher will work as well. Please make sure to enable cookies and turn off pop-up blockers when viewing.
- You must have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer in order to reliably view the webcast. To download the application, pick the version that matches your Operating System here.
Follow their instructions for downloading and installing the required files. Once Flash has been installed, return to this page in order to view the webcast.
- We recommend upgrading to the latest version of Java as well, here.
I’m still having technical difficulties, what can I do?
- Please make sure to enable cookies and turn off pop-up blockers when viewing.
- Click here to access the Livestream directly.
- If you are still having difficulties, the staff of the OBC (Office of Biomedical Computing) can be reached at (305) 243 3273. Anyone whom answers the phone should be able to help you directly or find someone who can do so.