Clinical Scheduling Services
Scheduling for clinical years 3 and 4 are overseen primarily by the Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum, Dr. Paul Mendez. The Office of Student Affairs and the Office of the Registrar manage the maintenance of student records systems, enrollment/registration, grades, and assist with the scheduling process.
E*Value and Clinical Rotations
Clinical rotations are scheduled via the e*Value Scheduling System. UMMSM uses the e*Value Optimization (EVOS) tool to create your third and fourth year academic schedule. The EVOS system tries to create a schedule with the highest possible level of student satisfaction by taking random chance out of the equation.
Scheduling Timeline Overview
- Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum meets with the rising 4th year students
- Students submit their three alternatives for their Top Choice Rotation
- The Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum reviews the requests and assigns a Top Choice Rotation based on availability
- Students start entering their preferences in e*Value
- Preferences are closed and the EVOS tool generates the rest of the 4th year schedule
- The 4th year schedule is released
- Add/Drop is opened to all rising 4th years (no signatures required)
- The Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum meets with the rising 3rd years
- Rising 3rd years start entering the scheduling preferences at the end of March
- Preferences are closed and the EVOS tool generates the 3rd year schedule
- The rising 3rd year schedule is released
- Add/Drop is opened to all rising 3rd and 4th year students (no signatures required)
- Add/Drops close for the first two weeks of May for Canelink Registration
- Once Canelink Registration is completed by the Office of Student Affairs, Add/Drops will open following the Add/Drop Open and Close Schedule
- Add/Drop requests submitted after May 15th require signatures
Requesting a Schedule Change
Please note the following guidelines:
- To add or drop a course the request must be submitted a month prior to the start of the rotation.
- Add/Drops will open every month during the last week of every B-Block (Add/Drop Open and Close Schedule). Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
- Check the Clinical Course Catalog to review which rotations require prior approval from the course coordinator/director. Your add/drop request will not be processed without prior approval from the course coordinator/director.
a. Please note: Changes to 3rd Year Core Clerkships must be approved by the Associate Dean of Clinical Curriculum, Dr. Paul Mendez.
- Before you submit your request make sure that you check Canelink for any holds on your account (including: Past Due Holds, Exit Interview Holds, Immunization Holds, etc.). Canelink Guide: Viewing Holds.
- You will be notified via e-mail if your request was approved or denied.
- Please log into e*Value and Canelink to ensure the accuracy of your request.